Friday, May 16, 2008

Report From The Road (Part 1)

I just arrived in Toronto by overnight bus. It wasn't the most savory experience on the planet - especially when all the lights came on and woke me up at 2:30am for a 30 minute rest stop. How was that restful? I think the driver was just hungry... Around 4:30am the driver started dozing off and weaving around. Passengers kept going up to the front to say "hey - wake up!" That was scary.

The customs guy at the border was a guitarist. He asked to see my guitar, we chatted a bit, and he played a few notes on my "travel" acoustic (a Breedlove). He's a guitar collector himself and from those few notes I could tell he's got some serious chops. He said I should try flat-wound strings on my acoustics - they sound mellower but better tonally. I'm going to give that a try!

I'll have pictures later on... Now I'm off to check out this city. It looks really cool.